Dr. Paul Murray
Dr. Murray specializes in the treatment of hip and knee conditions and performs several orthopedic procedures, including:
- Total Hip Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Computer-Assisted Joint Replacement
- ACL Repair
- Meniscal Repair
Paul Murray, MD
Dr. Paul Murray has been in private practice in the Hartford area for over 20 years. He is a board certified, fellowship trained surgeon specializing in adult reconstruction of the hip and knee and has been recognized by his peers on many occasions as one of the top orthopedic doctors in Connecticut.
He graduated from Tufts University School of Medicine in 1987 and completed his internship in General Surgery at State University of New York/Health Science Center at Syracuse in 1988. His residency in Orthopedic Surgery was also at State University, Syracuse, from 1988 to 1992. Dr. Murray completed a fellowship in Adult Reconstructive Joint Surgery in 1993 at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
Dr. Murray has authored and co-authored several publications and has made presentations on a variety of topics at several educational courses and continuing medical education programs. He keeps up with the latest advancements in orthopedics and trains physicians from all over the world in the use of the Mako SmartRobotics technology for hip and knee replacements.
Dr. Murray believes that every patient should have access to high quality medical care and he strives to give a personalized experience with the newest technology and best outcomes. He also donates to many local organizations and supports local sports teams in the community. Dr. Murray resides in West Simsbury with his family. His interests include traveling, exercising, cooking and playing the guitar.
- Medical: Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA
- General Surgery Internship: The State University of New York Health Science Center at Syracuse, Syracuse, NY
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: The State University of New York Health Science Center at Syracuse, Syracuse, NY
- Adult Reconstructive Joint Surgery Fellowship: Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Connecticut State Medical Society
- Connecticut Orthopedic Society
- Hartford County Medical Association